Get Crafty: Make a Festival Crown
Words by Corinne Evans
With festival season well and truely underway, it’s time to start thinking about what accessories we will all be wearing on the fields and beaches this summer and there is no better way to let your inner bohemian side out than with a beautiful handmade flower crown. It’s easy to make all you need is some gorgeous summer flowers and you’re ready to go here’s how;
1. Make a base of wire with a loop at either end.
2. Wire & tape each stem of every flower head and piece of foliage.
3. Working backward from one end wire and tape them to the wire base.
4. Add a length of ribbon to each loop at either end.
5. Tie in a bow at the back of your head & wear with pride!
Photo Credits – Olivia Bossert www.oliviabossert.com
If you think you need some encouragement, Louise at Loulable Floral Design hosts Flower Crown workshops in Cornwall, sharing her knowledge on how to make the perfect flower crown. Her next workshop is June 25th so if you fancy getting involved drop Lou an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Share your Festival Crowns with us at #surfgirlmag. Have a look on Pinterest these ones have caught our eye: